Celebrating 170 Years of God’s Faithfulness!
ALERT: Worship services move from 10:30am to 9:00 am starting Sunday, July 18th, 2021.
The First Congregational Church of Genesee is celebrating our 170th year! (We were founded before Wisconsin was admitted to the Union!)
Car Show – Saturday, September 11th, 9AM to 2PM
Pig Roast, Saturday, October 9th, 4-7PM
The Messenger News letter’s most current copy is available for download here:
To celebrate our past and God’s faithfulness, we’ve put together a nine-part history of Genesee Church, from 1843 to the present. You can download each section below!
- Part One: Founding a New Church
- Part Two: The Church Completed
- Part Three: The Early Years
- Part Four: 1895: The Church Bell
- Part Five: 1925: Turning the Church Around
- Part Six: 1941: The “Good Shepherd” Mural
- Part Seven: 1963: The Education Center
- Part Eight: 1971-2006: The Kettle Moraine Parish Years
- Part Nine: 1978: A New Beginning
Verse of the Day
“The Lord is my Shepard, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of death, I fear no evil for You are with me. Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.